Do you want to become an accountant and you are wondering what an accountant salary in Nigeria is and how to become an accountant in Nigeria. Well, in this article, you are about to find out what the salary of an account in Nigeria is and how you can become an accountant in Nigeria.
An accountant is an individual who records business transactions on behalf of an organization, reports on company financial performance to management, and also issues financial statements.
An accountant may be involved in some of these types of transactions:
- Issuing an invoice to a customer, which involves recording a sale and account receivable.
- Receiving an invoice from a supplier, which involves recording an expense or asset and an account payable.
- Issuing a salary or wage payment to an employee, which involves recording an expense and the outflow of cash.
- Reconciling a bank statement, which likely produces adjustments to the cash account.
- Issue financial statements to the owners and/or operators of a business, as well as to lenders and other creditors. The financial statements include the income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows.
- Issue management reports to the management team. The reports are highly customized to the needs of each entity, and may cover such topics as the sales of certain product lines, investigations of cost variances, sales returns, and an analysis of overtime incurred.
- Issue tax reports to several government entities. The reports provide detail regarding the amounts paid for income taxes, property taxes, sales taxes, use taxes, and so forth.
Now that you have known who an accountant is, let us take a look at accountant salary in Nigeria.
What is accountant salary in Nigeria?
The salary of an accountant in Nigeria is N90,000 per month. Accountant salary is affected based on your years of experience, the organisation you are working for, as well as your certifications. As your years of experience increases so will your salary also increase.
What is chattered accountant salary in Nigeria?
The salary of a chattered accountant in Nigeria is N120,000 per month for a start. As a chattered accountant your salary will depend on your years of experience, institution or organisation you decide to work with as well as your certifications. As your years of experience increases so will your salary will increase.
What is bank accountant salary in Nigeria?
The salary of a bank accountant in Nigeria is N60,000 per month. Bank accountant salary is dependent on the bank you are working for, certification as well as your years of experience. Bank accountants are those who works in banks. The salary that each bank pays to their accountant differs.
What is hotel accountant salary in Nigeria?
The salary of a hotel accountant in Nigeria is N30,000 per month. However, hotel accountant salary is not the same in each state. Your salary as an hotel accountant depends on the hotel you are working for and the location of the hotel. Some hotels pay higher than the amount stated while some hotel pays lower.
What are the qualifications needed to become an accountants in Nigeria?
- 4-year bachelor’s degree in accounting in any Nigerian accredited university
- Master’s degree in accounting
- Professional certification like ICAN, ACCA, CIMA, etc
Now that you have known bank accountant salary in Nigeria, chattered accountant salary in Nigeria, average accountant salary in Nigeria as well as hotel accountant salary in Nigeria, feel free to also check out:
- What is registered nurse salary in Nigeria
- Best universities to study accounting in Nigeria
- What is medical doctor salary in Nigeria
- What is Nigerian army officer salary
- What is Nigerian navy officer salary
- What is pharmacologist salary in Nigeria
- What is Physiotherapist salary in Nigeria
- What is dental technician salary in Nigeria
- What is intern physiotherapist salary in Nigeria
- What is Intern nurse salary in Nigeria
- What is the salary of Dentist in Nigeria
- What is Pharmacist Salary in Nigeria
- What is dental nurse salary in Nigeria