In this article we will talk about how to remove ad limits on AdSense account.
Majority of bloggers, Vloggers use AdSense to monetize their blogs and YouTube channels. For many publishers starting a blog or a youtube channel, AdSense is often the only ad network they prefer to use. Having ad limits notification at the top of your AdSense dashboard is a nightmare for most publishers.
In this post, I will explain in details what AdSense ad serving limits is, why Google AdSense allows it, different types of ad serving limits, how to overcome ad limits, and many more.
Before talking about how to fix ad limit or how to remove ad limits on AdSense account, let us talk about the meaning of Ad limits. If you see ad limit notification on your AdSense account, what does it mean?
What is AdSense ad serving limits?
When you see Ad limits notification on your AdSense dashboard, it means the number of ads displaying on your blog or channel has been reduced and this essentially means that your monetization efforts are limited, and you won’t be able to reach your full ad revenue potential through AdSense.
Before talking about how to fix Ad limit or how to remove ad limit on your AdSense account, what are the different types of AdSense ad serving limits?
Different types of AdSense ad serving limits
Have you ever wondered why Google AdSense is limiting the number of ads that can display on your blog?
Well, it is all about the integrity of their ad network. Google AdSense want to protect their advertisers from fraud, users from bad user experiences, and maintain good publisher relationships.
Often, ad serving limits can be temporary until specific issues regarding the quality of traffic are sorted out.
Currently, there are two different types of ad serving limits:
1. Account being assessed
When this ad limit occurs, AdSense is busy assessing your traffic quality. Often, there is no set time to wait for limits to be removed. They will automatically review and update the limit as they discover more information on your traffic quality. Once your traffic quality has been accessed and you are good to go, the notification showing ad limits will disappear from your AdSense dashboard.
2. Invalid traffic concerns
Very similar to when your account is being accessed.
In this situation, your AdSense account is being limited because Google AdSense have detected some invalid traffic concerns. Again, they will automatically review and update the limit as they find more information on your traffic quality.
Now what can you do to protect your AdSense account from Ad limit?
What can you do to protect your AdSense account from ad serving limits?
While your AdSense account is being limited by Google, you still have access to it and can monitor the situation frequently. Google recommends that you continue creating content and marketing your site. However, with an emphasis on traffic quality and AdSense policies.
Start by reading over the AdSense program policies and make sure your site complies with all of them.
Also, read about invalid traffic concerns. This part is obvious if you received an “Invalid traffic concerns” limit. It’s also a good option for any publisher that wants to protect their AdSense account from invalid traffic.
AdSense accounts often get banned for invalid traffic, so it’s not something you want to mess around with. You want to distance your website from any form of invalid traffic.
Causes of Adsense Ad limit
You will understand the reason why Google Adsense place Ad limit on your website.
Firstly, you should be aware that (social, organic, direct or referral traffics) could lead to Adsense Ad limit, don’t be fooled if someone said drive only organic traffic and not other sources of traffic to avoid Ad limit on your Adsense account.
The main reason why many account face this Ad limit is because they are not balancing the equation. What i mean by that is: You shouldn’t concentrate on driving traffic to a single or fewer posts on your website daily. For instance, you have 500 published posts on your website, 20%-25% should receive traffic daily.
Have you ever wondered why big brands like bbc.com doesn’t experience Ad limit even though most of their traffic are coming from social media and organic, the answer is they balance the equation of driving traffic to almost all of their articles on their website. So to be on d safer side, drive traffic to many articles on your website and stop sending traffics to a particular post or homepage.
Secondly, don’t tune your AdSense auto Ads slider to maximum, it’s a trick to help limit your account faster because many adverts will appears on your website posts and that could lead to invalid clicks. I recommend u put the slider at the middle if your Adsense account is still new.
Finally, never compare newly approved AdSense account with an old one. For new accounts don’t drive huge amount of traffic all of a sudden, be patient and let the traffic increase gradually.
Let us look at how to fix ad limit or how to remove ad limit on your AdSense account?
How to fix Ad limits on AdSense?
I will show you the methods I have used to remove Ad limits from various AdSense accounts.
- Do not share your website contents too frequently on social media.
- Focus on creating new quality post during this process.
- Don’t buy traffic.
- Focus on the SEO of your website in order to have traffic from Google search engine
- Do not click on your own ads.
- Target 1st tier countries like USA, UK, Canada…
- Go to AdSense > Ads > Global Setting – and Turn “Let Google optimize the size of your mobile ads” to OFF.
- Now move to “By Ad Unit Section” and Archive Your All-Created Ads on your AdSense Dashboard.
- Go to “Auto Ads Section” and Turn All of them Off, Please Off them one By One, not at one click – Like All the Buttons should be off. First off the Small Buttons, and Then Off their main button. Also, That Ads Load Line, Lower that Completely as well. And in the End, Turn Auto Ads Off.
- Remove all ad units code from your website. To Verify all ad units code have been removed from your website, Open Site Homepage, and Press CTRL + U, then the Source Code Page Appears. Now Press CTRL + F, and Just Type “ca-pub”, if it shows any results, then you have not removed the code, if it doesn’t show any results, then you are done.
- Wait for about 7 to 14days and once you do not see the ad limit notification anymore, add your ads.txt file back
- Create new ad units code and add them to your website, if your AdSense account is new. However, if your AdSense account is old and if was Limited by Invalid Traffic Concerns, then follow the next steps below after the Ad limit Notification has been removed.
- Turn Auto Ads On. Turn Google Optimization On. Create one Square Ad Unit. Do this 3, and wait for 3-4 Days. “I have Not Told to Paste the ad code in your site”
- After 3-4 days, Install the Following Plugins in your websites, and Setup them as well. 1. Google Site Kit. (Only Setup Google Search Console, and Analytics, Leave the AdSense Part). 2. Really Simple SSL. 3. Yes Cookies. (GDPR and CCPA, Turn Both On). After Installing these 3 Plugins, wait for 1 more day.
- Now Go to Google Search Console > Settings > Associations > Google Analytics Associations, and Simply Associate Analytics with your google search console. After Doing these, wait for 1 day.
- After 1 day, Visit Your Site, from Guest Mode of Chrome, by Google Search, Use Any free VPN to Visit. I suggest use Hide Me, available in MS Store.
- Visit 100+ Pages, From Search Only, and try to change location in your VPN, after Every 10 Visits. Also, stay for 2+ minutes in Every Page. Note: Scroll the Page till end, of your site, and you can click on links of other posts also, in it.. to maintain the bounce rate. But 100 Pages is Must, and must be visited from search only. Note: The 100 Pages must be show in Google Search Console, if it not, then visit again.
- After Doing these All, wait for 2 More Days, And Finally Place the Ad Code in Your site, and You are Done the Ads will start to show for sure.
- If Ad limit notification returns, then do the next step which will surely help in the removal of ad limit.
- If ad limit returns after doing the above steps, then join Ezoic and wrap your Adsense ad unit with Ezoic code. Ezoic helps to prevent Adsense policy violation which Ad limit is one.
There are a lot of questions on the web on how to fix ad limit or how to remove ad limit on AdSense, let me give some answers on some of this frequently asked questions.
Frequently Asked Questions
How many AdSense ads can I show per page?
There is now no limit to the number of ads you can have per page. Keep in mind that showing too many ads might offer a bad user experience. As a result, users could end up leaving your website, not clicking on ads, and installing ad blockers. When displaying ads, it’s always best to show them with user experience in mind.
How do I see AdSense invalid clicks?
Google has stated that they do not share specific data on invalid activity or invalid traffic/clicks detected on a publisher’s site for AdSense. They do this to protect the integrity of their detection systems. Google often removes revenue from a publisher’s AdSense account either through real-time filtering, by removing earnings during the finalization process or through deductions within 60 days after payment.
What is invalid traffic AdSense for content?
There are many different types of invalid traffic, such as general and sophisticated invalid traffic. It usually relates to traffic generated by bots or non-human traffic, as well as accidental clicks. What this does is make advertisers pay for invalid clicks on ads not seen by real users. It is an enormous risk to publishers as well, as it can cause them to have a deduction in their revenue and even have their AdSense account banned if care is not taken.
How do I stop AdSense invalid clicks?
Google does not offer a way out for publishers to protect themselves from invalid clicks. Instead, they recommend avoiding low-quality traffic sources, which are typically filled with bot activity, not clicking on your own ads, and also not placing ads in locations where they are prone to accidental clicks. Those are great tips but won’t guarantee that you don’t receive invalid traffic.
What is invalid traffic activity?
Different types of invalid traffic exist, but generally, it is traffic that’s generated by bots and these same bots then click on your AdSense ads. It can also include accidental clicks and clicks from click farms.
If you have an admob account, and you are experiencing ad limit on your app, you can read our article on how to fix admob ad limits.
- How To Verify Your AdSense Account With and Without PIN
- How To Conquer PayPal Proof Of Address Documents For Identity Verification
- How to Increase Google AdSense Earnings
- How to get free backlinks to your website
- What is Google AdSense Arbitrage all about?
- How to withdraw money from a permanently limited PayPal account
- How to Fix PayPal Something Went Wrong On Our End Message
- How to do Google AdSense ID verification
- How to Fix Ad limits on Admob
- Ezoic vs HBAgency: Which is better?
- Ezoic vs Google AdSense: Which is better?
- How to reduce spam score of website to 1%
- How to increase Adsterra earnings on your blog/website