Are you a blog or website owner and you want to know which is better between Adsterra and Google Adsense in monetizing your blog? In this article, you will find out all you need to know between Adsterra and Google Adsense.
Adsterra and Google Adsense are one of the means bloggers can make money from their blog. Google Adsense was launched in 2003 by Google while Adsterra was launched in 2013. They both allow website owner to display ads on their blog in order to generate revenue.
Adsterra vs Google Adsense: Which is better?
In this article, you will find out;
- What Adsterra/Google Adsense is all about
- The requirements to join each ad networks
- Ad formats
- Payment threshold and methods
- Pros and Cons of each ad net work
Let’s get started…
What is Adsterra all about?
Adsterra is an ad (advertising) network that was launched in 2013 with the goal of generating revenue for website owners by displaying ads on their website or blog. you can visit our article where will gave deep information about Adsterra.
How to join Adsterra?
Here’s how you can make money from your website’s traffic using Adsterra.
- Register a publisher account with Adsterra
- Place the ad code or script given on your blog or website
- Start making money with your blog or website traffic.
N.B. you can also create more ad codes with your desired features as given once your website or blog is approved. Don’t worry I will let you know all that you need to get your blog approved on Adsterra ad network. Feel free to Join Adsterra Now.
But first let me tell you this; Adsterra has 2 accounts which are the Publishers accounts and the Advertisers account.
Publishers accounts are for those who want to make money by displaying adverts on their blogs/websites while advertisers accounts are for those who want to advertise their products, services etc.
Let us take a look at the various Adsterra ad formats.
Adsterra Ad Formats
- Social bar Ads
- Popunder Ads
- In-Page Push (Social Bar)
- Direct Link Ads
- Native Banners
- Video Ads
- Banner Ads
Pros of Adsterra Ad network
- It is one of the best Google AdSense alternatives.
- Registration is free
- It offers both desktop and mobile ads (so you can increase your chance of earning more money from your website’s traffic).
- It provides a wide rage of ad display options: display banners, pop under ads, interstitials, text ads, slider ads etc.
- You can also monetize your popular Facebook pages (with high traffic) unlike AdSense.
- Adsterra offers a wide range of payment options: Bitcoin, Paypal, Wire transfer, Webmoney and Paxum
- Minimum payouts are really low: it’s only $5 for Webmoney and Paxum
- Adsterra has no restrictions in terms of traffic volume and the type of contents. What really matters for approving your website at Adsterra Network is your traffic quality
- If you’re an advertiser, Adsterra can give you the most effective ad formats to reach out to wider audience with a limited budget and their retargeting feature helps you connect with more customers within your industry.
- They offer 24-7 customer support
- They provide a 5% referral program
- They offer support in other languages
- They provide payments every two weeks
- They support various payment options
- You don’t need to verify your Identity or address, unlike AdSense that you need to verify your Identity and Address
Cons of Adsterra Ad network
- Although they have other types of ads that you can use, it’s not the best network if you are looking for something specific other than pop-unders
- The rates in other countries may be lower
- Ads are not user-friendly
Adsterra Payment Options
Adsterra offers multiple ways that you can pay, which makes it easy to use, no matter what processor you rely on.
Webmoney, Paxum: $5
Paypal, Bitcoin: $100
The payment fees and rules are as follows:
PayPal charge: 2-5 %
Webmoney charge: 1%
Wire: $50 for USD, $0 for EUR.
Bitcoin: Network fee is included
What is Google AdSense all about?
Google AdSense is an ad network owned by Google. It was launched on the 18th of June, 2003. Google AdSense allows publishers to display ads on their website. Google AdSense is one of the means website, YouTube channel owners make money from their blogs or channels.
Adsense ads can be in form of texts, images, rich media.
For website owners, majority of Adsense ads are CPC based ads. Which means you will earn when users click on your ads while for YouTube owners, some Adsense ads are CPM based while some are CPC based ads.
Google AdSense requirements
- You must have a blog or YouTube channel
- Your contents must be of high quality and copyright free.
Benefits of using Google AdSense
- Registration is free
- Ads are user-friendly
- No traffic requirements for website owners but for faster approval response, medium is required.
- You are in control of the number of ads that will display on your blog or channel
- Arbitrage can be done unlike on Adsterra which is a little bit difficult.
- Payments are made between 21st to 24th of every month
Cons of using Adsense
- Google can terminate your Adsense account all of a sudden once you violate any of their policies
- Adsense ads for website owners are CPC based ads while for YouTube owners are both CPC and CPM based ads
- Payment options are limited in Adsense
- Minimum payment threshold is $100
- For YouTube owners, you will need at least 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours before you are eligible to apply
- You will need to verify your AdSense account once you reach $10 while Adsterra doesn’t require any verification.
Adsense minimum payment threshold
Google AdSense minimum payment threshold is $100. And you will receive your payment in 30 days once you reach the threshold. For example, If I reach the $100 threshold in June, I will receive my finalized earnings between 21st to 24th of July.
Adsense payment methods
Depending on your payment address, the following options may be available to you:
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- EFT via Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA)
- Wire Transfer
To know which payment method is available for your country, login to your Adsense account > click on Payment > click on payment info > click on add payment method then select a payment method, fill in the necessary details as you required.
You can also check our comparison between Ezoic and HBAgency.
Note: you can only Add payment method once you have fully verify your AdSense account.
Now to the question, which is better between Adsterra and Google Adsense.
Which is better between Adsterra and Google Adsense?
To determine which one is better between Adsterra and Google Adsense, you need to weigh both their pros and cons. You can earn from both if you have high valued traffic. Although, Adsense tends to generate more revenue than Adsterra.
Nevertheless, you can always pick base on your website needs and contents.
If you have the following below contents on your website you can opts in for Adsterra:
- Copyright contents
- S3xuality contents
- Violence contents
These above mentioned contents are better monetised with Adsterra. But, if your contents are not of the above mentioned categories it is better to monetised your blog with Google AdSense.
Feel free to also check out:
- How to increase Adsense earnings
- Ezoic vs Google Adsense: Which is better?
- How to increase Adsterra earnings
- How to verify Google AdSense account without PIN
- How to verify AdSense account with ID
- How to reduce website spam score
- How to withdraw money from a permanently limited PayPal account
- How to Fix PayPal Something Went Wrong On Our End Message
- Google AdSense Arbitrage: How it works?
- How to remove Adsense ad limit
- Free automatic backlinks generator tools