Ezoic vs Google AdSense?
In this article, I will be comparing two giants ad networks which are Google AdSense and Ezoic.
Google AdSense and Ezoic are one of the best ad networks you can sign up for to make money from your website.
In this article, you will know the following:
- What Ezoic and Google Adsense are all about
- Ezoic and Google Adsense requirements
- Ezoic and Google Adsense payment threshold & methods
- Benefits of Ezoic and Google Adsense
- Which is better between Ezoic and Google Adsense
Let us start with Ezoic.
What is Ezoic all about?
Founded in 2010. Ezoic is a technology solution for ad publishers. Ezoic claims not to be an ad network or ad tech. Ezoic was built so that publishers can have an increase in ad revenue.
Ezoic software streamlines the accessibility, implementation, and optimization of lots of ad networks and ad-related technologies. They also provide access to thousands of ad networks, exchanges, and ad partners and includes various sophisticated ad technology with their core Monetization products.
They were the first solution in the industry to incorporate AI (Artificial Intelligence) and machine learning into its features and products.
Ezoic was built to help publishers more easily access and navigate sophisticated and premium ad operations through their monetization features.
One more thing for you to know, Ezoic is a Google Certified Publishing Partner and a trusted source for help with Google products like Google AdSense and Google Ad Manager. They are also a certified partner of Cloudflare, JW Player, and Flippa website exchange.
Now that you have known what Ezoic is all about, let’s delve into their requirements.
For you to get started with Ezoic, there are somethings you need to know.
In terms of traffic, Ezoic has two monetisation requirements which are those with:
- Less than 10,000 pageviews
- More than 10,000 pageviews
Other requirements are:
- All sites regardless of monthly pageviews must adhere to Google’s Ad Policy guidelines; which reflect common ad policies standards to all ad networks and exchanges available automatically to sites once they begin using Ezoic.
- Your contents must be original and unique.
- Your website traffic must be identifiable, human, and without known violations of common policies.
- If a website possesses an existing Google AdSense or Ad Manager account, it must be in good standing with Google.
- Ezoic doesn’t accept e-commerce or download websites
Creating an account with Ezoic is easy and takes few seconds. After creating an account, you must integrate your website (either via cloudflare or by changing your nameservers to that of Ezoic) with Ezoic. Integration time varies by the integration option selected.
Now let us talk about the benefits of using Ezoic.
Benefits of using Ezoic?
The following are the benefits of using Ezoic:
1. Increase in ad revenue
With Ezoic, there is a sure increase in your ad revenue as well as Adsense revenue. You can read our article on how to increase AdSense revenue. You will find out that allowing Ezoic to manage your Adsense ads and wrapping your Adsense ads with Ezoic will allow you to see an increase in Adsense earnings and also prevent your Adsense account from receiving any policy violation notice.
2. Prevent your Adsense account
Ezoic can prevent your Adsense account from receiving policy violation, it can also prevent you from having Ad limit on your Adsense account.
3. Free hosting
Once you have joined Ezoic, you can migrate to Ezoic hosting which is available for all approved Ezoic users. Ezoic hosting is free and it also comes with free ssl. The only disadvantage about it is that, there is no cpanel and you have to be backing up your files yourself. However, you can access your wordpress files via ftp.
4. CDN (Contents Delivery Network)
We all know the importance of CDN when it comes to speeding up our website. Google loves website that are fast, that is where CDN comes in. Ezoic comes with a free CDN for their approved users. Once you are approved on Ezoic, you can make use of their free CDN to cache your website and increase your website speed.
5. User experience
Ezoic ads are not annoying or distracting. They focus on giving a good user experience and as a result, this may help in reducing bounce rate and allow users to stay more on your website.
6. CPM and CPC
Majority of Ezoic ads are CPM ads. Which means Ezoic will pay you based on the number of people that comes to your page and see your ads unlike Adsense which majority of the ads are CPC. Wich means if a user doesn’t click on the ad you won’t earn a dime.
7. Affiliate program
You can join Ezoic affiliate program to earn extra revenue on your blog by using your referral link. Once users register and get approve on Ezoic you will be making a lot of money without showing Ezoic ads on your website.
8. Ezoic Big Data Analytics
Ezoic Big data analytics give you useful insights of which posts are doing well on your website, and making you more money.
9. Customer support
Ezoic has a wonderful customer support staffs that are ready to answer your queries.
Don’t get it twisted, Ezoic also pays if a user click on your ads but Ezoic will ensure that your traffic is earning you some revenue.
Cons of using Ezoic
The following are the disadvantages of Ezoic:
1. Cache plugin
Ezoic doesn’t support the use of cache plugins once you enable Ezoic leap or install the Ezoic wordpress plugin. If you want to use cache plugin like Wp Rocket, you need to disable Ezoic leap and deactivate Ezoic wordpress plugin.
2. Website speed
Ezoic ads tend to slow that website speed if you are not using a cache plugin or if you didn’t enable Ezoic leap.
3. Nameserver change
For you to use Ezoic, you have to point to their nameservers which some people are not comfortable with.
4. Origin Error
Origin Error is the error you keep on getting if your hosting provider haven’t whitelisted Ezoic IPs which may be annoying.
Setting up Ezoic ads is very technical and frustrating sometimes. If you are not careful you may end up ruining your website set up and configuration.
What is Ezoic payment threshold?
Ezoic minimum payment threshold is $20. This makes it better than Adsense whose minimum payment threshold is $100.
Payments are conducted between the 27th and 31st of each month for the previous month’s revenue. For example, publishers are paid January’s revenue at the end of February.
What are Ezoic payment methods?
Ezoic payment methods are:
- Direct bank transfer via Payoneer
Now that you have known about Ezoic, let’s delve straight to Google AdSense.
What is Google AdSense all about?
Google AdSense is an ad network owned by Google. It was launched on the 18th of June, 2003. Google AdSense allows publishers to display ads on their website. Google AdSense is one of the means website, YouTube channel owners make money from their blogs or channels.
Adsense ads can be in form of texts, images, rich media.
For website owners, majority of Adsense ads are CPC based ads. Which means you will earn when users click on your ads while for YouTube owners, some Adsense ads are CPM based while some are CPC based ads.
Google AdSense requirements
- You must have a blog or YouTube channel
- Your contents must be of high quality and copyright free.
Benefits of using Google AdSense
- Registration is free
- Ads are user friendly
- No traffic requirements for website owners but for faster approval response, medium is required.
- You are in control of the number of ads that will display on your blog or channel
- Arbitrage can be done unlike Ezoic that doesn’t support arbitrage.
- Paymenta are made between 21st to 24th of every month
Cons of using Adsense
- Google can terminate your Adsense account all of a sudden once you violate any of their policies
- Adsense ads for website owners are CPC based ads while for YouTube owners are both CPC and CPM based ads
- Minimum payment threshold is $100
- For YouTube owners, you will need at least 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours before you are eligible to apply
- You will need to verify your AdSense account once you reach $10
Adsense minimum payment threshold
Google AdSense minimum payment threshold is $100. And you will receive your payment in 30 days once you reach the threshold. For example, If I reach the $100 threshold in June, I will receive my finalized earnings between 21st to 24th of July.
Adsense payment methods
Depending on your payment address, the following options may be available to you:
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- EFT via Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA)
- Wire Transfer
To know which payment method is available for your country, login to your Adsense account > click on Payment > click on payment info > click on add payment method then select a payment method, fill in the necessary details as you required.
You can also check our comparison between Ezoic and HBAgency.
Note: you can only Add payment method once you have fully verify your AdSense account.
Now to the question, which is better between Ezoic and Google Adsense.
Which is better between Ezoic and Google Adsense?
The choice is yours.
You can make more money with Ezoic than AdSense. In fact, looking at the pros and cons of both, Ezoic is the winner. However, unlike Ezoic, AdSense is easy to set up. It is not as technical as Ezoic.
As I have said, the choice is all yours. You can register on Ezoic to get started now.
If you have any questions, please feel free to make use of the comments box below.
Also check out:
- How to increase Adsense earnings
- How to increase Adsterra earnings
- How to verify Google AdSense account without PIN
- How to verify AdSense account with ID
- How to reduce website spam score
- How to withdraw money from a permanently limited PayPal account
- How to Fix PayPal Something Went Wrong On Our End Message
- Google AdSense Arbitrage: How it works?
- How to remove Adsense ad limit
- Free automatic backlinks generator tools
- Adsterra vs Google Adsense: Which is better?