A lot of Nigerians are looking for how to open Opay account, in this article you will find out:
- What Opay is
- How it works
- The owner of Opay
- What is Opay bank name
- How to open an Opay account
- How to change Opay account number
- How to activate Opay debit card
- How to retrieve Opay account
- How to unlock Opay account
- How to delete Opay account
- How to block opay account
- How to remove BVN from your Opay account
- How to chat with Opay customer care
- Opay office locations
Let’s get started…
- What is Opay
- Who is the owner of Opay
- How does Opay work
- Features of Opay
- Benefits of Opening an Opay Account
- Requirements to open Opay account
- How to open Opay account
- How to open Opay account on phone
- How to open Opay account without BVN
- Is my phone number my OPay account number?
- Is it safe to use OPay?
- Is Opay legit?
- How to use OPay on a web browser
- How much can Opay account hold without BVN
- How much can an Opay account hold?
- How to check OPay account balance
- Can I receive dollars in Opay?
- What countries is Opay available in?
- I Lost My OPay Number, What Should I Do?
- How to change my Opay account number
- What is Opay bank name?
- How do I complain to Opay?
- Where is Opay office located?
- How to chat with Opay customer care
- How to contact Opay customer care
- Where is Opay office located in Lagos
- Where is Opay office located in Abuja
- Where is Opay office located in Abeokuta
- Where is Opay office located in Ibadan
- Where is Opay office located in Jos
- Where is Opay office located in Kaduna
- Where is Opay office located in Kano
- Where is Opay office located in Osogbo
What is Opay
OPay is a one-stop mobile-based platform that allows individual to make payments, transfers, loans, savings and other essential services.
Currently, Opay boasts of over over 40+ million registered app users and 500,000+ agents in Nigeria who rely on OPay’s services to send and receive money, pay bills and many more.
Let us find out who owns Opay.
Who is the owner of Opay
OPay Digital Services Limited is a company founded by Opera Norway AS Group with footprints in emerging markets across Asia, Africa and Latin America in countries like Mexico, Nigeria, Egypt and Pakistan.
Opay was founded by Zhou Yahui, who is a Chinese billionaire. He founded Opay through his web browser company Opera.
How does Opay work
Opay’s payment system is based on a mobile application that can be downloaded from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store.
To use the platform, users need to register and verify their identity. Once verified, users can link their bank account or debit card to the platform and start making transactions.
To make a payment, users need to select the service they require from the Opay app’s main menu. The app will then prompt the user to enter the payment details, such as the recipient’s phone number or the bill amount. Once the payment details are confirmed, the user can proceed to make the payment using their linked bank account or debit card.
Features of Opay
Opay offers various features that make it a popular payment platform in Africa. Some of these features include:
- Instant fund transfer: Opay allows users to transfer money instantly to any bank account or mobile wallet in Nigeria and other African countries.
- Mobile recharge: With Opay, users can recharge their mobile phone and buy data bundles for all major network providers in Nigeria.
- Bill payment: Opay enables users to pay utility bills, such as electricity bills, cable TV subscriptions, and internet bills.
- Airtime purchase: Users can buy airtime for themselves or send airtime to other users in Nigeria and other African countries using Opay.
- Investment opportunities: Opay provides investment opportunities, such as fixed deposits and mutual funds, to its users, helping them grow their money.
Benefits of Opening an Opay Account
Opay offers a wide range of benefits including:
- Speed: Opay transactions are processed quickly, and users can complete transactions in seconds, which is faster than traditional banking methods.
- Convenience: Opay is a user-friendly platform that enables users to make payments from the comfort of their homes or offices.
- Security: Opay uses advanced security measures to protect its users’ personal and financial information, ensuring safe and secure transactions.
- Affordability & low fees: Opay’s services are affordable, with low transaction fees and no hidden charges.
- Wide range of services: Opay offers a range of financial services, including mobile money transfers, bill payments, airtime purchases, and more. This makes it a versatile platform that can be used for various financial needs.
Requirements to open Opay account
Before you can open an Opan account, you need to have the following:
- Full name
- Phone number
- Email address
- Bank Verification Number (BVN)
- ID Card (which can be either international passport, driver’s license, national ID card or voters card) and
- A password
Now, let’s talk about how to open an Opay account.
How to open Opay account
Follow the below steps to create an Opay account:
- Download the Opay App: The first thing you need to do is download the Opay app. You can download it from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store, depending on your device. Once you’ve downloaded the app, open it and click on the “Register” button.
- Provide Your Personal Information: The next step is to provide your personal information. On the Opay registration form, you’ll need to enter your name, phone number, email address, and create a password. Make sure to provide accurate information, as this will be used to verify your account.
- Verify Your Account: After providing your personal information, you will receive a verification code via SMS. Enter the code in the provided field to verify your account. If you don’t receive the verification code immediately, you can request for it to be sent again.
- Set Up Your Opay Wallet: After verifying your account, the next thing on how to open Opay account in Nigeria is to set up your wallet. You’ll be asked to create a six-digit PIN that you’ll use to authorize transactions on the platform. Make sure to choose a strong PIN that you’ll remember easily.
- Add Funds to Your Account: Once your wallet is created, you’ll need to add funds to your Opay wallet. You can do this by linking your bank account or using your debit card to make a deposit.
- Start Using Your Opay Account: With your Opay account set up, you can now start using it to make transactions. You can pay bills, shop online, transfer money, and do much more with the platform.
How to open Opay account on phone
If you don’t have an android phone, you can open an Opay account by dialing *955# on your phone. Select open or create account and follow the prompts. Once you have successfully opened an account, you will be rewarded a sum of N10. You can use the code on MTN, Airtel, 9mobile and GLO to create an OPay account.
- How to transfer money from Opay
- How to borrow money from Opay
- How to get Opay POS machine
- How to get Opay ATM card
How to open Opay account without BVN
To open an Opay account without BVN, you’ll need to provide your full name, phone number, and email address, and then create a password. You’ll also need to verify your account by entering a verification code sent to your phone number. For a quick Opay sign up, that’s the basic requirements.
However, if you want to upgrade your Opay account, you’ll need other verification requirements such as a Bank Verification Number (BVN), and an ID Card.
Is my phone number my OPay account number?
Your registered phone number on OPay automatically becomes your account number. The 10-digit number, which serves as an account number, is used to receive money from other banks and a
mutual OPay account into your account.
For example, if your phone number is a collection of eleven digits, your account number will be the last ten digits excluding the first number (which is mostly “0”).
To confirm your account number on the app, log in to your account and locate your customer profile on the dashboard by the top left on the homepage. Your account number will be displayed on the screen.
Is it safe to use OPay?
Yes, it is absolutely safe to use Opay for your banking servies. OPay is licensed by the Central Bank of Nigeria. Opay was launched in June 2018, OPay now has over 400,000+ merchants across the 36 states in Nigeria.
Is Opay legit?
Yes, Opay is very legit. OPay has partnered with many reputable companies such as FlutterWave, MTN, Google, Interswitch, Betway, uLesson, Remit One, etc.
How to use OPay on a web browser
OPay and its services can be used on a web browser.
To use Opay on a web browser, follow the steps below:
- Download the Opera Mini browser. If you already have it installed on your phone, you can just open it.
- On the Opera Mini homepage, there are icons of some Opera services put there by default. Look for the OPay icon (or Cashback) and click on it.
- A large ad banner is usually displayed. You should cancel the ad and proceed. You will see a Login button at the top left corner.
- Here you will need to input the phone number you used to register your OPay account. Enter your password and wait for an OTP.
- The OTP will be sent by text or by phone call. Verify the code and you can start using OPay on your Opera Mini browser.
How much can Opay account hold without BVN
On an OPay account, it is possible to open and have a functional account without linking your BVN. An account without a linked BVN can hold a maximum amount of N300,000 and a maximum transaction of N50,000. This account belongs to Tier 1.
To be able to make larger transactions on OPay, you must upgrade to higher tiers. First, Click on the option “Account Limits” and upgrade to different tiers provided, such as “Tier 1, Tier 2, or Tier 3”. Also, provide other pending documentation required.
However, in other tiers like Tier 2 and Tier 3, your BVN must be linked to the account. Tier 2 holds that a customer must provide a BVN and a valid ID card. The account has a daily transaction limit of N200,000 and a maximum account balance of N500,000, While Tier 3 has a daily transaction limit of N5 million and a limitless account balance.
How much can an Opay account hold?
The maximum amount that an Opay account can hold may vary depending on the specific terms and conditions of the platform in your region.
In Nigeria, for example, the maximum amount that an Opay wallet can hold is currently set at N300,000 for unverified accounts and N5,000,000 for verified accounts. In Kenya, the maximum amount that an Opay account can hold is KES 300,000 for unverified accounts and KES 1,000,000 for verified accounts.
How to check OPay account balance
There are a few ways to check your OPay account balance. This can be done by using the USSD magic code, through the Opay’s app, and by mail. To check, follow these steps:
- Dial *955#
- Select the “my balance” option displayed on your screen as part of a multiple breakdown.
- Input your OPay PIN (4-digit code)
- The next pop-up will be your displayed account balance.
- A shorter route for checking your account balance is by dialing *955*0#
You can log in to your account on the OPay app to view your account balance. Usually, it is displayed boldly on the app homepage.
In addition, you can check your account balance using the OPay instant and fast debit card. This debit can be used on ATM or Point of Sales (POS)
Can I receive dollars in Opay?
No, you cannot receive dollars in Opay. Opay is a financial service provider that operates in several countries, including Nigeria, Kenya, and Ghana, and its services are primarily focused on local currencies.
What countries is Opay available in?
OPay is available in the following African countries:
- South Africa
- Ivory Coast.
I Lost My OPay Number, What Should I Do?
On the occasion that you lose your OPay registered number, you may be required to use any email associated with the account and password to log in.
On successful login, change the number registered on the account promptly to avoid future problems that may arise.
You can also get in contact with the OPay customer support team to get further help and the creation of a new account number using a new phone number. Before this, note that you may be required to provide an affidavit to help OPay change your phone number as well as the account number.
Also, you can block your lost phone number instantly to prevent anyone from using the USSD code without authorization.
How to change my Opay account number
If you lost your OPay number, changing it is very simple and easy, but there are things you need to do before getting your account number changed.
To make it confidential and being security-conscious, you can’t change your OPay account number anyhow, you must follow the due legal processes to do so.
- Provide a police report stating that you don’t have access to the old phone number.
- Provide your valid ID card.
- Provide a sworn affidavit.
Things that will be stated on the affidavit.
- You may not use the old phone number (change it with your old phone number).
- Show the new mobile phone number (change it with your new phone number).
- Authorize OPay to transfer the balance of OPay old wallet to the new wallet.
After you have gathered the three requirements, police report, valid ID card and affidavit.
Use your phone and snap it because you are going to send it to them through email.
Go to your email, upload those snapped documents with the topic, “CHANGE PHONE NUMBER” and send it to [email protected].
They will definitely reply to your message within 3 days.
What is Opay bank name?
Opay bank name is still Opay. PayCom serves as another name for OPay Bank when you’re trying to send money from your bank app to an OPay account.
OPay was initially known as PayCom. But after PayCom was acquired by Opera group. Opera group renamed PayCom to OPay which is the full meaning of Opera Pay.
How do I complain to Opay?
You can complain to Opay by either WhatsApp, going to their offices located in your area, calling the Opay customer care or by sending them a mail. Keep reading as we provide the necessary emails and phone numbers that can be used to contact them.
Where is Opay office located?
Opay office is located at:
- Alexander House, Otunba Jobi Fele Way, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria
- No 103 Allen Avenue, Mosesola House, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
- 78B Lagos Road Ikorodu beside Micro Station Slot, Lagos, Nigeria
- 4th Avenue A Close, Festac Town beside Quincess School, Festac, Lagos, Nigeria.
- Anjola building opposite Oando filling station, Iyana Cele bus stop, along Sango road, Mokola, Ibadan.
- Thilda’s center, shop 12 opposite GIG logistics Dadin Kowa 3rd gate, Jos.
- No 34/36 Okotie Eboh Street Utako District, Abuja.
- Dolly House Opposite Laroy Hotel, Abiola Way, Abeokuta.
- Asd city mall Katsina road by Independent way, Kaduna.
- Amana plaza second floor beside Shoprite Zoo road, Kano.
- Opposite Technical beside Arowolo filling station, Osogbo.
How to chat with Opay customer care
You can chat Opay customer care on social media, by calling them or sending them a mail.
How to contact Opay customer care
Below are the different ways to contact Opay customer care:
- App: Contact them through the self-service feature or the live chat feature on the app to chat with a customer service representative.
- Mobile: Call them on 0700 888 8328 or 01 8888328 (App & Card queries), 0700 888 8329 or 01 8888329 (POS Business queries) Or Chat them on WhatsApp – +2349165998936
- Email: [email protected]
- Instagram: Opay
- Twitter: OPay_NG
- Facebook: Nigeria.OPay or Opaymerchants
Where is Opay office located in Lagos
Opay offices in Lagos are located at:
- Alexander House, Otunba Jobi Fele Way. Ikeja. Lagos, Nigeria
- No 103 Allen Avenue, Mosesola House, Ikeja, Lagos, Nigeria.
- 78B Lagos Road Ikorodu beside Micro Station Slot
- 4th Avenue A Close, Festac Town beside Quincess School, Festac.
Where is Opay office located in Abuja
- No 34/36 Okotie Eboh Street Utako District
Where is Opay office located in Abeokuta
- Dolly House Opposite Laroy Hotel, Abiola Way
Where is Opay office located in Ibadan
- Anjola building opposite Oando filling station, Iyana Cele bus stop, along Sango road, Mokola.
Where is Opay office located in Jos
- Thilda’s center, shop 12 opposite GIG logistics Dadin Kowa 3rd gate.
Where is Opay office located in Kaduna
Asd city mall Katsina road by Independent way.
Where is Opay office located in Kano
Amana plaza second floor beside Shoprite Zoo road.
Where is Opay office located in Osogbo
Opposite Technical beside Arowolo filling station.
If you have any question, please feel free to make use of the comment box that is below the page, your queries will be answered as soon as possible.