Mercy Chinwo Biography and Net Worth: In this article, you will find out about Mercy Chinwo biography, educational background, net worth and all that you need to know about her in brief.
Mercy Chinwo Biography
Mercy Nnenda Chinwo is a Nigerian gospel musician, singer, actress, comedian and songwriter who was born on September 5, 1991, in Rivers State. She is the fourth child and the first daughter of five children. She started singing at age 6 in her church’s children’s choir and later migrated to the adult choir. Mercy Chinwo was brought up by her mother after she lost her dad at a very young age.
Mercy Chinwo was into acting before she swerved full time into music. She got into limelight in 2012 after winning Season 2 of Nigerian Idol – a popular talent show in Nigeria. In 2013, she landed her first film role in Yvonne Nelson’s film titled, “House of Gold”.
Mercy Chinwo proceeded in her musical career by voicing to musical projects by top Nigerian gospel music artistes such as Sammie Okposo, Joe Praize, Buchi, Chris Morgan, and Preye whom she featured in a single “Eze”.
Chinwo released her first single, “Testimony” in 2015, and “Igwe”. In 2017 she was signed to a Gospel Record Label.
Mercy Chinwo is a Gospel music Minister. Since breaking into the gospel scene she has been featured on a number of gospel music projects, working with the likes of JJ Hairson,Nathaniel Bassey, Chioma Jesus, Banky W, Joe Praize, Samsong, Moses Bliss and a host of others.
Asides music, Mercy Chinwo always gives expression to her other passions which include: acting, a successful involvement in business with the launch of her beret and Merch company Mecempire; and most importantly humanitarian work. In 2023, she alongside her husband began the MercyisBlessed Foundation, an NGO with the aim of empowering lives,one soul at a time. Their work focuses on donations to the less privileged as well as youth development amongst others.
Now that you have known Mercy Chinwo biography, let us take a look at Mercy Chinwo educational background.
Mercy Chinwo Educational Background
Mercy Chinwo started her elementary education at Godswill international school before she headed to Victory Comprehensive College. Afterwards, she went to Paradise international school to conclude her secondary education.
For her tertiary education, she attended the prestigious University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) where she bagged a degree in Linguistics and communication studies.
She is an alumna of the International Business Management Institute (IBMI) where she bagged a degree in Human Resources Management.
Now that you have known about Mercy Chinwo biography and educational background, let us look at some of the awards won by Mercy Chinwo.
Mercy Chinwo Awards
Below are some of the awards won by Mercy Chinwo;
- In 2012, Mercy Chinwo won Nigerian Idol 2012 edition
- In 2018, Mercy Chinwo won the Best Gospel Artiste at the CLIMAX Awards 2018.
- In 2019, Mercy Chinwo won the Africa Gospel New Artiste of the Year at the maiden edition of the Africa Gospel Awards Festival (AGAFEST)
- In 2019, Mercy Chinwo won Africa Gospel New Artiste of the Year at Africa Gospel Awards Festival (AGAFEST)
- In 2019, she won Africa Gospel Female Artiste of the Year at Africa Gospel Awards Festival (AGAFEST)
- In 2019, she won Africa Gospel Song of the Year (Excess Love) at Africa Gospel Awards Festival (AGAFEST)
- In 2020, Mercy Chinwo emerges as the Gospel Artiste of the year at the AFRIMMA Awards.
- In 2022, she won Africa Gospel Music of the year at CLIMA Africa Award
- In 2022, she won Africa Gospel artist of the year at CLIMA Africa Award
Now that you have known about Mercy Chinwo awards, let us find out about the net worth of Mercy Chinwo.
Mercy Chinwo Net Worth
Mercy Chinwo net worth is estimated to $2 million. She makes money from her music and YouTube channel. She also has a supportive husband who is a Microsoft Certified IT Professional and also works with AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals.
Is Mercy Chinwo Married?
Yes, Mercy Chinwo is married to Pastor Blessed Uzochikwa of The WaterBrook Church. got married on August 13, 2022 (just a day after their traditional wedding ceremony) in an extravagant church ceremony in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Numerous celebrities including Obi Cubana, Banky W, Adesua Etomi, Waje, Chigurl, Joe Praize, Pita Sings, and many more attended their marriage.
What is the name of Mercy Chinwo husband?
Mercy Chinwo husband name is Pastor Blessed Uzochikwa. He is a Microsoft Certified IT Professional with Stanford University in London and has an Advanced Project Management Certificate. He also works with AstraZeneca Pharmaceuticals.
Mercy Chinwo Social Media Handles
- YouTube: Mercy Chinwo Official
- Twitter: @MMercychinwo
- Facebook: @mercychinwoofficial
- Instagram: @mercychinwo
Summary of Mercy Chinwo biography and net worth
The table below shows the summary of Mercy Chinwo biography and net worth;
|Date of birth
|September 5, 1991
|State of Origin
|Place of birth
|Source of wealth
|Music and YouTube
|Yes (Blessed Uzochikwa)
Now that you have known Mercy Chinwo biography, career, net worth, awards and all that you need to know, feel free to also check out:
- What is Rema Net Worth
- What is Burna boy net worth
- What is the net worth of Kizz Daniel
- What is Tunde Ednut Net Worth
- What is Falz net worth
- What is Olamide net worth
- What is Tems Net Worth
- What is Asake Net Worth
- The Net Worth of Adekunle Gold
- What is the Net Worth of Joeboy
- What is Mayorkun Net Worth
- What is Ckay Yo net worth
- What is Ayra Starr Net Worth
- What is Simi Net Worth
- What is Davido net worth
- What is TG Omori Net Worth
- What is the net worth of Tiwa Savage