The Nigerian Air Force is the air branch of the Nigerian Armed Forces. It is one of the largest in Africa, consisting of about 15,000 personnel and aircraft including 8 Chinese Chengdu F-7s, 13 Dassault-Dornier Alpha Jets, Helicopter gunships, armed attack drones and military transport aircraft.
Applications are invited from eligible graduates and postgraduates for training as Direct Short Service Cadet in the underlisted position:
Job Title: Nurse
- Location: Nigeria
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc Degree. Must be a Registered Nurse (RN) and Registered Midwife (RM).
- Must be registered and have a current practicing license from the Nigerian Nursing and Midwifery Council.
- BSc Nursing
- Anesthetic Nurses
- Peri-Operative Nurses
- Interested applicants must possess a minimum of Second Class Lower Division for holders of the first degree. In addition, applicants must possess credit in English Language and Mathematics and degree course of study.
- Computer literacy will be an added advantage.
- Applicants must possess NYSC Discharge Certificate or Letter of Exemption from NYSC at the time of applying for DSSC.
- Applicants must possess certificates of full registration with their respective statutory professional bodies in Nigeria where applicable.
Application Closing Date: 11th March, 2024.
How to Apply: Interested and qualified candidates should: CLICK HERE TO APPLY
- Candidates should click on the link above to fill their Registration Form
- Please enter your correct Email and Mobile No as this information will be used to login
- An Application Number would be assigned to you at the end of application process and it is important you take note of it.
- Download and Print Acknowledgement Cards and Attestation Cards using your Email Address and Password at the end of your application.
General Instructions for Applicants
- Nationality: Applicant must be of Nigerian citizen by origin or birth.
- Age: Applicants must be between the ages of 20 and 30 years by 15 December 2024 (25 – 40 years for Medical Consultants). Please note the following:
- Candidates born before 15 December 1994 are not eligible, while candidates born before 15 December 1984 are not eligible for medical consultants.
- The Exercise is not for serving personnel desiring Branch Commission. Therefore, personnel above 30 years of age (born before 15 December 1994) are not to apply.
- Height: Applicants must not be less than 1.66m tall for males and not less than 1.63m tall for females.
- Medical Fitness: Applicants must be medically, physically and psychologically fit and must meet the Nigerian Air Force medical and employment standards.
- Local Government Area Attestation Form: Applicants’ Local Government Area Attestation Form must be signed by a military officer from the same State as the applicants and not below the rank of Wing Commander in the Nigerian Air Force or equivalent in the Nigerian Army and Nigerian Navy or a Police Officer of the rank of Assistant Commissioner and above, or Local Government Chairman/Secretary, Magistrate and Principals of Secondary Schools attended by applicants can also sign the Attestation Form.
- The Local Government Area Attestation Form must be accompanied by the passport photograph and photocopy of the signees’ Drivers Licence or National ID Card or International Passport. The signee is also to authenticate behind the applicants’ passport photograph.
- Presentation of Original Credentials: Successful applicants are required to submit their original credentials for scrutiny at the Selection Board Interview Exercise. The credentials include the following:
- Two recent passport size photographs to be stamped and countersigned by officer of appropriate rank specified in (Paragraph 6).
- Original and photocopy of birth certificate or Declaration of Age.
- Original and photocopy of educational/professional Certificates.
- Original and photocopy of Indigeneship certificate from applicant’s Local Government/State of Origin.
- Original and photocopy of Attestation to Good Character signed by Officer of appropriate rank as specified in paragraph 6.
- Any applicant suspected to have impersonated or submitted false document(s) shall be disqualified from the Selection Exercise. Also, any false declaration detected later may lead to withdrawal from training. Such applicants will be handed over to the Nigeria Police for prosecution.
- The Nigerian Air Force will not entertain any enquiries in respect of applicants whose applications have been rejected. Interested applicants are to note that the online registration is FREE OF CHARGE.
- Applicants are required to fill in valid email addresses and telephone numbers in the appropriate spaces provided in the Application Form.
- Application Form: On completion of the application forms, applicants must print out the underlisted documents:
- Acknowledgment Form.
- Parent/Guardians Consent Form.
- Local Government Area Attestation Form.
- Invitation for Interview Successful applicants would be invited for Selection Board Interview Exercise through the portal, www.nafrecruitment.airforce.mil.ng. In addition to this, email and phone numbers could be used as deemed necessary.
- Applicants are to make one application. Multiple applications will result in disqualification