A friend was trying to open a Lesotho PayPal account and he was asked to submit “PayPal Proof Of Address Documents For Identity Verification,” he was surprised because this isn’t the first time he has been creating a verified personal and business PayPal account.
PayPal has been evolving over the years, in the mid 2021, PayPal started asking account holders to submit proof address document before they can continue using their Paypal account.
Why does paypal need proof of address?
The following are the reasons why PayPal can ask you to submit proof of address:
- When you are creating a new PayPal account.
- Paypal can ask you for proof of address when you have perform too many transactions in your account as well as if there is any suspicious activities or transaction taking place in your account
- Proof of address can also be requested if you exceed the daily transaction limit
In facts, what does this PayPal Proof Of Address Documents mean.
What are PayPal Proof Of Address Documents?
Paypal proof of address documents are documents that Paypal will request from you in order to verify your address. The PayPal proof of address will make it known if really you are from where you claimed to be and whom you claimed to be. When PayPal is asking for Proof of address as mean of further identity verification, they are asking you to submit any document that will clearly show your name and address just as it’s in your PayPal account. This can be any document at all so long it meet with their demands.
What can you give as proof of address?
The following are documents that can be use to proof your paypal address:
- Utility bills (phone and broadband services, gas, water, electricity, etc.) issued within 3 months
- Bank account/bank statement or post office savings bank account statements covering the last 6 calendar months
- Valid passport
- Valid driving license
- Voter ID card
- Aadhaar card
- GST certificate of registration as valid proof address
- Property or municipal tax receipt
- Pension or family pension payment orders (PPOs) issued to retired employees by Government Departments or Public Sector Undertakings, if they contain the address
- Documents issued by Government Departments of foreign jurisdictions and letter issued by Foreign Embassy or Mission
- Letter of accommodation allotment from your employer issued by State or Central Government Departments, statutory or regulatory bodies, public sector undertakings, scheduled commercial banks, financial institutions and listed companies. Alternatively, you can provide the leave and license agreements with such employer allotting official accommodation to you.
How to verify proof of address?
If you don’t have any of these documents, probably because you opened another country’s account then there are two ways you can verify your Paypal proof of address which are:
- By getting an address from those who verify paypal account or
- By creating a fake address in order to verify your Paypal account
A lot of people do go for the second option because all you need is to get that country’s ID, do some magic with it with the power of photoshop and corel draw. Once that ID has been edited to your own details all you need to do is to upload the edited ID to your Paypal account as instructed by Paypal and wait for them to review what you submitted to them, then wait for their feedback.
Conclusion on PayPal Proof Of Address Documents For Identity Verification
If you are told to submit a proof of address, you don’t need to panic or abandon your Paypal account. All you need to do is to get the address verified by yourself or spend some bucks so that someone can help you verify it for you. Once you have submitted your address for verification, Paypal should give you a response within 2 to 5 business days.
You can also read:
- How to open Lesotho PayPal account in Nigeria
- How to Fix PayPal Something Went Wrong On Our End Message
- How to Create a Verified India PayPal Account
- How to withdraw money from a permanently limited PayPal account