PropellerAds vs Google AdSense: Which is the best? Well you are about to find out which of the ad networks is suitable for your blog.
Before we compare between PropellerAds and Google AdSense, let’s look at what each of this ad network has to offer.
- 1 PropellerAds
- 2 What can you monetize with PropellerAd network
- 3 Requirements to get your blog approved on Propellerad
- 4 Pros of using PropellerAds
- 5 Cons of using PropellerAd
- 6 PropellerAds Payment Options
- 7 Google AdSense
- 8 Google AdSense approval requirements
- 9 Pros of using Google AdSense
- 10 Cons of using Adsense
- 11 Adsense minimum payment threshold
- 12 Adsense payment methods
- 13 PropellerAds vs Google AdSense: Which is the best?
- 14 Is PropellerAds better than AdSense?
PropellerAds is an ad network that provides monetisation features for blog owners who wish to make money from their blog. PropellerAds was founded in 2011.
PropellerAds can be use by advertisers or marketers who wish to drive traffic or sales to their products and by publishers or people who wish to earn revenue from their blog contents. As s result, Propellerads offers two types of account which are the Publishers account and Advertisers account.
Our Google Adsense vs propellerads comparison is all about you making money on your blog/website with Adsense and propellerads. So if you want to make money with Propellerads, you need to first sign up for a publishers account.
Propellerads has various ad formats combination you can choose from which include:
- Push notification
- In-Page Push
- Popunder ads
- Direct link ads
- Interstitial ads
Propellerad also offer different bidding model which include:
- AI Based
What can you monetize with PropellerAd network
You can monetize your;
- Facebook pages
Now let’s delve into the requirements needed to get your blog approve on PropellerAds.
Requirements to get your blog approved on Propellerad
- You must have contents on your website or blog
- If your blog contents is written in another language other than English (i.e even if you’ve a Spanish, French or Hindi related blog) you can still apply and make money from Propellerad
- Propellerad has no restrictions in terms of traffic volume. They accept websites with low traffic just like Adsterra
Let’s look at the pros and cons of using PropellerAds.
Pros of using PropellerAds
- Registration to join Propellerads is free
- It offers both desktop and mobile ads (so you can increase your chance of earning more money from your blog traffic).
- It provides a wide rage of ad display options: display banners, pop under ads, interstitials, AI based ads etc.
- Propellerad offers a wide range of payment options: Payoneer, Paypal, Wire transfer or Bank wire, Webmoney, ePayments and Skrill
- Minimum payouts are really low: it’s only $5 except for Payoneer ($20) and Bank wire ($500).
- Propellerad has no restrictions in terms of traffic volume and the type of contents.
- If you’re an advertiser, Propellerad can give you the most effective ad formats to reach out to wider audience with a limited budget and their retargeting feature helps you connect with more customers within your industry.
- They offer 24-7 customer support
- They provide a 5% referral program
- They offer support in other languages
- They provide payments every two weeks
- They support various payment options
- You don’t need to verify your Identity or address, unlike Google AdSense that you need to verify your Identity and Address
Cons of using PropellerAd
- Although they have other types of ads that you can use, it’s not the best network if you are looking for something specific other than pop-unders
- The rates in other countries may be lower
- Ads are not user-friendly
- It may increase bounce rate
- Ads are not of high quality compared to Adsense ads
PropellerAds Payment Options
|Payment method||Minimum payouts|
Google Adsense is an ad network owned by Google. It helps website or blog owners make revenue from their blog contents. It was launched in 2003.
Adsense display their ads in form of texts, images, rich media. Majority of Adsense ads are CPC based ads. Which means you will earn when users click on the ads displaying on your blog while for YouTube owners, some Adsense ads are CPM based while some are CPC based ads.
Let’s take a look at what you need to do to get Adsense approval.
Google AdSense approval requirements
- You must have a blog or YouTube channel
- Your blog or YouTube contents must be of high quality and copyright free.
Pros of using Google AdSense
- Registration is free of charge
- Adsense ads are user-friendly
- No traffic requirements for website owners but for faster approval response, medium traffic is needed.
- You are in control of the position and number of ads that can display on your blog or YouTube channel
- Arbitrage can be done on Adsense but on Propellerads which is a little bit difficult.
- Payments are made between 21st to 24th of every month
Recommended: How to Increase your Google AdSense Earnings
Cons of using Adsense
- Google can terminate your Adsense account all of a sudden once you violate any of their policies
- Adsense ads for website owners are CPC based ads while for YouTube owners are both CPC and CPM based ads
- Payment options are limited in Adsense depending on your country
- Minimum payment threshold is $100
- For YouTube owners, you will need at least 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hours before you are eligible to apply and blog owners need high value, quality contents
- You will need to verify your AdSense account once you reach $10
Adsense minimum payment threshold
Google AdSense minimum payment threshold is $100. And you will receive your payment in 30 days once you reach the threshold. For example, If I reach the $100 threshold in June, I will receive my finalized earnings between 21st to 24th of July.
Adsense payment methods
Depending on your payment address or country, the following options may be available to you:
- Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT)
- EFT via Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA)
- Wire Transfer
To know which payment method is available for your country, login to your Adsense account > click on Payment > click on payment info > click on add payment method then select a payment method, fill in the necessary details as you required.
Note: you can only Add payment method once you have fully verified your AdSense account.
PropellerAds vs Google AdSense: Which is the best?
The table below shows our verdict between the two popular ad networks;
|Traffic requirement||Very Low||Low-Medium||Adsterra|
|Payment threshold||$5 (depending on payment method)||$100||PropellerAds|
|Ad formats||Various ad formats||Various ad formats||Google Adsense|
|Payout||Weekly||21st of Every Month||PropellerAds|
|High quality ad||No||Yes||Google Adsense|
|Approval time frame||Instant||Not Instant||PropellerAds|
|Payment Methods||Various methods of payment||Minimal methods of payment||PropellerAds|
PropellerAds may not be suitable for some blog contents. You may earn very little with PropellerAds due to there very low quality ads compare to Adsense that displays high quality ads to your website visitors.
Is PropellerAds better than AdSense?
Does PropellerAds pay more than AdSense? The answer is No. Google AdSense pays more than PropellerAds even though PropellerAds have aggressive ads such as popunder ads.
Now that you have known which is best between PropellerAds and AdSense, feel free to also check out the below articles;
- Ezoic vs Google AdSense: Which is better?
- Google AdSense vs Taboola ads: Which is a better ad network
- Ezoic vs HBAgency: Which is better?
- Adsterra vs Google Adsense: Which is better?
- Adsterra vs Propellerads: Which is better?
- How to increase Adsterra earnings on your blog
- How to verify Google AdSense account without PIN
- How to do Google AdSense ID verification