What is Davido net worth?
In this article you will find out about the net worth of Davido, but before looking at Davido net worth, it is appropriate for you to know who Davido is, his early life, educational background, career and how he makes his money.
Before we delve into Davido net worth, let us find out about his early life, educational background and career.
Who is Davido?
David Adedeji Adeleke popularly known as Davido, OBO, Baddest is an American-Nigerian award-winning singer, songwriter, and record producer, he was born on the 21st of November, 1992, in Atlanta, Georgia to Adedeji Adeleke (a business magnate) and Veronica Adeleke (she was a university lecturer).
Davido is the youngest of five siblings and his father’s second-born son. He attended the British International School in Lagos, Nigeria, and at the age of 16, he moved back to the United States to study business administration at Oakwood University in Alabama.
Davido bought musical equipment while at Oakwood and started making beats. He also worked with his cousins B-Red and Sina Rambo to form the music act KB International. Davido dropped out of Oakwood University to pursue music full-time and relocated to London, where he worked on his vocals.
After returning to Nigeria in 2011, Davido paused his music career and agreed to honor his father by enrolling at Babcock University. In July 2015, he graduated from Babcock with a degree in music after his father paid the university to start a music department for an inaugural class of one student.
Who is Davido’s father?
Davido’s father name is Adedeji Adeleke, he is a business man and the owner of Adeleke University (a university that is located in Ede, Osun state).
Who is Davido’s mother?
Davido’s mother name is Veronica Adeleke. Veronica Adeleke was a university lecturer. She died on the 6th of March, 2003. According to Davido, her mother, Veronica died of cardiac arrest on the birthday of her husband (Adedeji Adeleke).
Davido’s musical career
Davido started his musical career when he was in Oakwood University. One thing about Davido is that he blends traditional African elements with global mainstream pop.
Davido has released so many hit songs such as:
- Back When” (featuring Naeto C)
- “Dami Duro”
- “Overseas” (featuring Sina Rambo)
- “Gbon Gbon”
- “All of You”
- “Feel Alright” (featuring Ice Prince)
- “One of a Kind”
- “Tchelete (Goodlife)” (featuring Mafikizolo)
- “Fans Mi” (featuring Meek Mill)
- “Owo Ni Koko”
- “The Sound” (featuring Uhuru and DJ Buckz)
- “The Money” (featuring Olamide)
- “Gbagbe Oshi”
- “How Long” (featuring Tinashe)
- “Coolest Kid in Africa” (featuring Nasty C)
- “Pere” (featuring Rae Sremmurd and Young Thug)
- “Like Dat”
- “Flora My Flawa”
- “Nwa Baby”
- “Wonder Woman”
- “Blow My Mind” (featuring Chris Brown)
- “Risky” (featuring Popcaan)
- “D & G” (featuring Summer Walker)
- “So Crazy” (featuring Lil Baby)
- “The Best” (featuring Mayorkun)
- “Champion Sound” (& Focalistic)
- “Stand Strong” (featuring. Sunday Service Choir)
Davido’s studio albums over the years are:
- 2012 – Omo Baba Olowo
- 2019 – A Good Time
- 2020 – A Better Time
- 2023 – Timeless
- 2016 – Son of Mercy
In 2012, Davido won the Next Rated award at The Headies award after releasing “Dami Duro”, the second single from his debut studio album Omo Baba Olowo.
Between 2013 and 2015, he released a number of hit singles, and in January 2016, he signed a record deal with Sony Music. He then founded the record label Davido Music Worldwide (DMW), to which acts Dremo, Mayorkun, Peruzzi and Liya have been signed.
In July 2016, Davido signed a record deal with Sony’s RCA Records. In October 2016, he released the 5-track EP Son of Mercy, which was supported by the singles “Gbagbe Oshi”, “How Long” and “Coolest Kid in Africa”.
In April 2017, Davido re-negotiated his contract with Sony due to creative control issues and later that year he released five singles including “If” and “Fall”. “If” generated worldwide social media activity while “Fall” became the longest-charting Nigerian pop song in Billboard history. Davido has been famously referred to as ‘The king of modern-day afrobeats’
In March 2022, Davido was featured on “Hayya Hayya (Better Together)” along side (Trinidad Cardona and AISHA) the first single of the multi-song FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022™ Official Soundtrack. It marked Davido as the first Nigerian singer to be featured in a FIFA World Cup single.
Later in May 2022, the Davido released another “Stand Strong” that featured The Samples Choir. According to the Naija banquet, the song is a breakaway from the usual hop/dance style of the Nigerian singer. In the record, Davido reminisces on his music journey and the battles he fight everyday. Also, it is the story of his healing.
Davido has won several awards both international awards and local awards, feel free to check out Davido’s awards. There are a lot of things to write about Davido’s career.
In November 2023, Davido received three nominations at the 66th Annual Grammy Award for “Unavailable”, “Feel” and his album Timeless.
It is appropriate for you to know that Davido is;
- One of the most followed Naija celebrities on Instagram
- One of the most followed male Nigerian celebrities on Instagram
We don’t want to bore you unnecessarily so let us stop here and talk about Davido net worth.
What is Davido net worth?
Davido net worth is estimated to $30 million. He is one of the richest musicians in the Nigerian music industry. Davido makes his money from his music, brand deals & promotions, concerts, tours etc.
Now that you have known Davido net worth, let’s look at other info you need to know about Davido.
Davido baby mama
Davido has 3 baby mamas, each of them has given Davido a child. Below are the names of Davido baby mamas:
- Sophia Momodu (she gave birth to Imade Adeleke)
- Amanda (she gave birth to Hailey Adeleke)
You may be wondering what a baby mama is?
A baby mama is a woman that gives birth to a child or children for a man that she is not married to.
Davido is married to Chioma Avril Rowland. Davido and Chioma got married on the 6th of November 2022.
Davido now has 4 children (formerly 4 children – 2 females and 2 males). However, on the 1st of November, 2022, he lost Adedeji Ifeanyi Adeleke Jnr to drowning which was due to the negligence of the Nanny. The names of Davido children are:
- Aurora Imade Adeleke (born on May 9th, 2015)
- Hailey Veronica Adeleke (born on May 12th, 2017)
- David Adedeji Adeleke Jr. (born on November 19th, 2019 and died on November 1, 2022)
- The name as well as the date of the fourth child is not known. However, he is a male child.
Which university did Davido graduated from?
Davido graduated from Babcock University, Ilisan-Remo, Ogun state in July 2015. He graduated with a degree in music from the university.
Davido is known for these popular phrases:
We rise by lifting others
Who dey breet
Below are the list of awards won by Davido.
Davido Kora Awards
- 2012 “Best Newcomer Award”
Davido BET Awards
- 2014 “Best International Act: Africa”
Davido AFIMA Awards
- “2022 Best Africa Collaboration – Champion Sound” – Davido feat. focalistic
- “2022 Best African Act In Diaspora (Male) – Who’s True” – Tion Wayne Ft. Davido & Jae5
- “2022 Best Artist, Duo or Group in African Electro- Champion Sound” – Davido Ft. Focalistic
- “2022 Best Artist, Duo or Group in African Pop – High” – Adekunle Gold Ft. Davido
- “2022 Best Male Artist in Africa Inspirational Music – Stand Strong” – Davido Ft. Sunday Service Choir
Davido Ben TV Awards
- 2014 “Music Video of the Year – Aye”
Davido Dynamix All Youth Awards
- 2011 “Promising Youth Artiste”
- 2011 “Song of the Year – Back When”
Davido African Muzik Magazine Awards
- 2014 “Best Male West Africa”
- 2014 “Artist of the Year”
Davido MTV Africa Music Awards
- 2014 “Best Male”
- 2014 “Artist of the Year”
Davido Channel O Music Video Awards
- 2012 “Most Gifted Newcomer Video of the Year – Dami Duro”
Davido Nigeria Music Video Awards (NMVA)
- 2012 “Best Video By A New Artiste (Live Beats Choice) – Dami Duro”
- 2014 “Best Afro Pop Video – Aye”
Davido Ghana Music Awards
- 2014 “African Artiste Of The Year”
Davido City People Entertainment Awards
- 2014 “Musician Of The Year (Male)”
Davido Headies Awards
- 2012 “Next Rated”
- 2013 “Best R&B/Pop Album – Omo Baba Olowo”
- 2013 “Hip Hop World Revelation”
- 2014 “Song of the Year – Aye”
- 2014 “Artiste of the Year”
- 2018 “Best Pop Single – If”
- 2018 “Song of the Year – If”
- 2018 “Artiste of the Year”
- 2022 “Humanitarian Award of the Year”
- 2022 “Digital Artiste of the Year”
Davido Nigeria Entertainment Awards
- 2012 “Best Collabo of the Year – Carolina (Sauce Kid featuring Davido)”
- 2012 “Best New Act of the Year”
- 2012 “Hottest Single of the Year – Dami Duro”
- 2013 “Best Pop/R&B Artiste of the Year”
- 2014 “Best Collaboration – Gallardo (RunTown featuring Davido)”
- 2014 “Male Artist of the Year”
- 2014 “Hottest Single of the Year – Aye”
Davido Net Honours Awards
- 2021 “Most Searched Musician (male)”
- 2022 “Most Popular Musician (Male)”
- 2022 “Most Searched Musician (Male)”
- 2022 “Most Popular Fandom”
Summary of Davido net worth
The table below shows the summary of Davido net worth or the net worth of Davido and all other info you need to know about him.
|Date of birth||21st of November, 1992|
|State of origin||Osun state (precisely Ede)|
|Place of birth||Atlanta, Georgia|
|Nickname(s)||Davido, OBO, 001|
|Net worth||$30 million|
|Spouse||Chioma Avril Rowland|
|Source of wealth||Music, Modelling, Brand deals, Concerts, Tours|
Now that you have known Davido net worth or the net worth of Davido, feel free to also check out:
- What is Rema Net Worth
- What is Tems Net Worth
- What is Asake Net Worth
- What is the Net Worth of Joeboy
- What is Mayorkun Net Worth
- What is Tiwa Savage Net Worth
- What is Ckay Yo net worth
- What is Ayra Starr Net Worth
- What is Simi Net Worth
- What is the net worth of Adekunle Gold
- What is TG Omori net worth
- What is Burna boy net worth
- What is Olamide net worth
- What is Kizz Daniel net worth